THE CHANCERY is responsible for the drawing up and issuing of all documents and official acts in the name of the Primus/Metropolitan Archbishop and on his behalf. The Chancery Office is responsible for overseeing the legal counseling of parishes, missions and ministries of the Church; Preparation of decrees granting permissions for marriages which involve a permission or a dispensation; Issuing of permissions to receive adults into Full Communion; Granting of diocesan faculties for priests and deacons who minister in the diocese; All administrative acts which require the mandate of the Primate/Metropolitan. The office also notarises, archives and directs the reception, delivery and acknowledgement of important ecclesiastical documents and papers.
- Metropolitan Secretariat
- Church Tribunal: Marriage & Ecclesiastical
- Ecclesiastical Charge d’Affairs
- Ecumenical & Inter-religious Dialogue
- International Communion Relations
OFFICE FOR THE CLERGY & RELIGIOUS LIFE
This Office is responsible for the spiritual care and ongoing development of the seminarians, deacons and priests of the Church. The Office develops, approves and oversees programs, retreats and initiatives to keep the clergy spiritually revitalized. In addition, the office participates in the training and development of seminarians and those in vocation discernment processes. The Congregation of the Divine Charity oversees Religious Orders and Institutes of Religious/Apostolic Life.
- Pastoral Care of the Clergy
- Incardination & Excardination
- Vocations Office – Religious & Sacred Ministry
- Formation of Sacred Ministers
- Regulation of Religious Life
OFFICE FOR MISSION & SOCIAL ACTION
This Office is responsible for forming the training and education of clerical and lay chaplaincy involved in this essential ministerial discipline. Training programs are developed, or approved and adopted from screened programs, for use in the training program for new chaplains as well as for on-going continuing education for current chaplains in this ministry.
- Chaplaincies for Institutes of Education, Hospitals, Hospices & Residential Homes
- Youth Organisations & Child Protection
- Missionary Outreach
- Military & Emergency Services
- Ex Ecclesia Community Chaplaincy
- Ageless Fellowship
OFFICE FOR RELIGIOUS EDUCATION & CATECHETICAL FORMATION
This Office is devoted to the education of the laity in our Catholic faith, through various programs, courses and initiatives. The Office develops, creates, approves and publishes materials for use by parishes in a variety of applications, such as Pre-Marital Education, The Reception of New Converts, On-going Catechetical Instruction, Retreats, Religious Education of Children and Youth, and other programs.
- Baptism & Confirmation/Reception Courses
- Catechetical Resources & Materials
- Liturgy & Worship